We are opening the doors for in-person services with some guidelines in place.
As we follow the provincial guidelines for re-opening, here are some changes you will see:
- With the prescribed social distancing, our church capacity is now a maximum of 30 people, including Pastor Tyler, the worship team, and the media team. This means that you will have to pre-register for each Sunday service you wish to attend.
- Registrations will be taken in first-come, first-served order.
- Registration will open for each week's service on Tuesday Mornings.
- If a Sunday service is already full, you will be placed at the top of the list for the following Sunday, by e-mailing the church office at [email protected].
- You can register with the button at the bottom of this page, or you can phone 403 277 1831, or email the office.
- You will be phoned to confirm your registration and be asked a pre-screening COVID questionnaire.
- If you are unable to attend a service you registered for, please let us know well in advance so someone else can take your spot.
- Our online worship services will continue.
- Only the main (north) door and the elevator will be used for entrances and exits. All other doors will remain accessible from the inside only, in case of emergency.
- There will be chalk lines on the sidewalk to help maintain the prescribed 2-metre distance between families outside the church.
- At the door, your temperature will be taken, you will be required to sanitize your hands.
- Please bring a mask if you have one. We have a small number of masks available if you don’t have your own. Masks are required for singing.
- An usher will show you to your seat. Pews will be filled from front to back. Once you are seated, remain in your spot except for emergencies.
- On Communion Sundays, you will be given a pre-packaged, disposable communion cup and wafer at the door.
- The cup contains grape juice preserved with potassium sorbate and a wafer made of bleached flour, water and salt. If you have dietary restrictions and cannot use these, please bring your own.
- Please take the cup and lids with you and put them in the garbage when you leave. Thank you!
- There will be a drop-box for donations, however, we recommend continuing to give through our online donations page.
- There is no children’s programming at this time, and we are not allowed to hand out clipboards or other activities. The children will have to remain with you and if you wish for them to have activities you will need to provide all supplies.
- After the service, the pews will be emptied from back to front and there will be no visiting in the sanctuary or fellowship area. You may visit outside if you maintain the appropriate social distancing of 2 m between people in different households.
- All areas of the church except the sanctuary and the area around the front door will be blocked off.
- Volunteers will be needed:
- to draw chalk lines on the sidewalk before the service
- to greet people at the door, spray sanitizer on their hands, and hand out masks and communion elements as needed.
- to take people to their seats.
- to sanitize the pews, door handles and so on after the service.
Pastor Tyler or another leader will meet with volunteers before the service to give instructions.
These procedures are based on the current restrictions. We will adapt to the changes as they come.
Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and willingness to adapt and try new things during this unsettled time. May God bless you through one our in-person, or online services.